Tuesday, April 8, 2008

4/8/08

Well, I guess sometimes a day just gets wasted. I ran up to my consignee this morning and, after missing a turn and exploring for a while, found the location. They worked pretty quickly and I got on the board at #2. There was another CTL truck there ahead of me, so I imagine he was #1. I sent in my home time request when I got there, so that showed up on my board position as well.

Just about the time my movie was getting good, I got my next assignment. Funny how that seems to work. I was to deadhead down to Aurora and pick up a ConWay load tomorrow morning, then relay it in Pocahontas tomorrow afternoon. I got a little ways down toward Aurora when I got a message saying that the load was being unassigned and I needed to stand by for a new load. So I pulled into another rest area and stood by... and stood by... and, well, you know.

After another movie I still hadn't heard anything about my new load, so I sent a message asking for clarification of my status. The reply that I received left me even more confused. So... I had to call. I sincerely hate calling, but what can you do? The girl on the phone talked with one of the planners and they put me on a load picking up in Monee tomorrow morning and going to... Lafayette. Yep, tires. So I guessed either tires or ConWay and I wound up with both today (sort of).

They have me set up for a planned deadhead home from Lafayette, so I'll be home tomorrow evening. I guess freight must not be too hot and heavy in the midwest this week. No worries for me though. I'm in the mood to get home as quickly as possible. This schedule will work just fine.

By the time everything was sorted out, I had gotten pretty comfortable hanging out and watching movies. Further to that, the weather is ugly outside so I guess I'll just hang tight and drive to Monee in the morning. I think I hear Taco Bell calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.