Friday, April 11, 2008

4/11/08

I got a nice tour of my state today, wrapping up a pretty long stint away from home. I left the rest area on US-23 at 4:30am (47 degrees, rain) and got to Traverse City at 9:30am (33 degrees, wind). This time, since there was no snow on the road, I headed across from Bay City (48 degrees, rain) to Cadillac (40 degrees, rain) and up from there. That route is far better than staying on I-75 and cutting straight across. If I had been given the extra two hours that I requested, I could have had lunch with my grandmother in Cadillac, but I digress. At least my truck didn't slide down the ramp without me in it this time around.

Once I was empty, I got my next load pretty quickly. I had to head over toward Lake Michigan on US-31 and down to Muskegon (64 degrees, sun). There I made a quick drop/hook and then headed for home. The traffic was surprisingly quick and light. Things got a little congested around Lansing (50 degrees, gales, rain, hail) but then it all opened back up. I even got through Novi (72 degrees, clouds) right at 4:30pm, when it's usually a parking lot. I rolled into Taylor this afternoon and dropped my load off at the terminal (75 degrees, wind). I don't know what the hell was going on at the yard, but the trailers were all crooked and not between the lines and just a general mess. Whatever dude. Not my problem. I am home. (Weather capsules brought to you by Michigan in April.)

Anyone in southeast Michigan, if you have nothing going on tonight, my buddy Mark has a show in Allen Park. A new club is opening up, so I'm pretty sure it's free admission. Stop by and I'll buy you a beer.

I almost forgot... they still didn't give me my $17.50...

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE GODFATHER'S UPS PAY? EPISODE 3

1) Population of 3.4 million people
2) Maintained self-government under 19th century French rule
3) It's city mayor is also Prime Minister of a federal state

2 comments:

  1. Ok, we get the hint; we owe you $17.50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now if only this was someone from payroll reading this, u would the man

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.