Sunday, March 30, 2008

3/30/08


Yeah buddy, time for some redemption against Michigan.
(Probably not, but I hope.)

So, no alarm today, yet I wake up after four hours. I've got issues, man. Anyway, yeah. Nine hours of driving within fourteen hours today. That's not too tough. I think I might be getting a cold or something, but I'm a big boy. I'll be okay. I had lots of time to take a few breaks and be generally lazy today. There was a bit of a soaker in the western part of Lousiana this morning. Other than that, the clouds never really amounted to anything. I did a pretty good Cole Trickle impersonation and wound my way between the jagoffs who were going 25mph. Then everything opened up and the day was an easy one.

It occurred to me, as I was feeling pretty rundown today, that I've been out for quite a while this time around. I think I last left home in late January. I'm getting to that point where my motivation to be on the road is slacking off. My plan is to stay out another week or so and then put in for home time. I wouldn't mind banging out another 3,000 miles or so before then, but as long as I exceed 2,000 miles this week I should be in good shape. In that case, my budget should line up nicely for me to take a couple weeks off.

I rolled into Laredo tonight and it looked more like the typical Laredo - a ton of trucks and a ton of trailers. The last few times down here, it has looked pretty sparse. I can deliver any time after 9am locally and I'm presently #58 on the board. Given the number of trailers on the yard, I imagine I'll get out before tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.