Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/2/08

That's it! Trade the players! Fire the manager! Fire the bat boy! Fire the ball girls! Fire the grounds crew! You can keep the beer vendors around, I guess. What, it's only the second game? There are 160 to go? Okay, but if they lose tomorrow, heads will roll!

This morning's drive was the kind I like. Fast speed limits, no interstates, light traffic... the good stuff. Then toward the end of the trip I was reminded that there is actually an interstate that I hate more than I-35. This load isn't terribly heavy though, so I-25 was tolerable this evening. I stopped at a rest area a little to the south and hung out for a few hours before I finished the drive into Colorado Springs. I'm glad I did that. Even arriving late at night, the traffic was pretty heavy around here. There are shopping centers along both sides of this road for several miles and my directions were fairly useless, so I had to use my Batman vision to spot the place in time. Then there was no entrance to the rear of the shopping center on the side from which I approached. I got to negotiate a crowded parking lot, with a vehicle that has no business being in that parking lot, in order to get to the other end. Then the dock was just one more in a long list of... let's call them tests of my driving ability. My directions to the next stop, although they appear to be written in Sanskrit, seem to indicate that the next one will be more of the same.

It took me a good twenty minutes to get settled in to the dock, with nobody else driving around back here. That probably equals an hour or so during business hours (like when I make the next drop). I am hoping that I'm straight enough not to require any maneuvering in the morning after I pull forward to open the doors. There's a concrete wall about eight inches from my right side and another one about eighteen inches from my left. The only approach was from the blind side, so I got to do a lot more of that walking to the back of the trailer. I guess it's just the price you pay for a life of glamour and riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.