Monday, February 18, 2008

2/18/08

Greetings from the Garden State. You don't have to be a daily blog detective to figure out that I wasn't hoping to be saying that this evening. I have a load to pick up in the morning, so we'll try to get the week kicked off from there.

The traffic across the rest of the Pennsylvania turnpike was surprisingly light this morning. That was pretty cool. Once I got to the customer, I checked in and was directed to the staging area. They used pagers instead of dealing with CB's. That was pretty cool. When my pager went off, my door was ready. Then, when it went off again, I was empty. No need to pay attention to the goings on, so I was able to lay down and relax.

By the time I got empty, I was hoping I would have time for a nap before I got rolling again. Yeah, be careful what you wish for and such. I pulled into the lot of an unoccupied warehouse and put my feet up. Just about the time I was ready to write off the day completely, I got my next assignment. I have two pickups in Carlstadt tomorrow morning, then it's off to Ohio. It was around 5pm when I got the assignment, so I figured I should have a decent chance of finding parking on the turnpike. I headed north, pulled into the first service plaza, and grabbed the last spot in the place. At 5pm. New Jersey is too damn crowded. So, the 49 miles to Carlstadt is all I got for today. The run to Ohio will have some more northeast miles, plus an extra stop, so the week won't be off to a terrible start as long as all goes well with that run.

After I watched Charlie Wilson's War last week, I was certain that I wanted to move to Texas and be a Congressman. Today, after my movie marathon has concluded with a viewing of The Departed, I'm pretty sure I want to move to Boston and be a criminal. The theatrical version of Whitey Bulger played by Nicholson is my kinda guy. Of course, I also watched Good Luck Chuck today. Anyone who can get with Jessica Alba is someone I can admire as well. I'm 31 years old. I think it's a little late (or early maybe) for an identity crisis. Anyway, whoever I am, I know I'm ready to take a few Advils and hit the sack. I want to get an early jump on tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. face it; you are getting old!

    world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, You ARE old. How's the osteo-arthritis, the enlarged prostate, the white hair? 'Fess up, Scooter, you're in marvelous shape, and in the prime of your life. Advil???

    Randall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm younger than either one of you two chickenheads.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.