Sunday, February 17, 2008

2/17/08

I woke up around 6:30am, looked outside, and went back to bed. I should have just stayed in bed all day. By the time I finally got rolling this afternoon, I had convinced myself that a rainy Sunday should mean light traffic for the most part. Nope. Slow and tedious were the adjectives of the day.

I intended to drive to the customer tonight and look for something nearby, but today I actually looked at the directions before I got there. See, I'm getting a little better at this, maybe. Anyhow, the directions specifically state that there is nowhere to park and, if you arrive more than two hours early, they'll send you packing. So I stopped in Pennsylvania for the night. I was hoping to get past Philly before tomorrow morning, but I didn't want to take a chance of not finding parking in Jersey. It's a pretty crowded state, for those of you who have never been there. I'll leave early tomorrow morning and shoot for a 7am arrival, ahead of my 9am appointment. That should leave plenty of cushion for Philly traffic and such.

Whoever put the hex on me and my trucks - Good job man, funny stuff. You can call it off now. I was rolling down the turnpike tonight when I heard a pop and suddenly air was blowing on my leg. I checked my gauges to make sure I wasn't in any danger of the brakes locking up. They were good, so at least I was pumping in more air than I was losing. It was good to know I had that going for me. As soon as I pulled into a rest area and stopped, my air tanks emptied out. The damn hose for the passenger seat had come loose from the connection with the adjustment switches. No big thing. I plugged it back in and all was well, but that sure did scare the hell out of me when it first happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.