Tuesday, January 8, 2008

1/8/08

I can't drive anymore today. I feel good. I'm not tired. I have a lot of ground to cover. The weather is fine. There really is no reason that I can't drive anymore, but I can't. Last night, when I was tired, I was legal. Tonight I'm out of hours. Feds...

If someone had offered 100-to-1 odds against me making it from Peru, Illinois to Neelyville, Missouri today without driving in rain, I would have said the odds weren't generous enough. Apparently the middle of the country got blasted pretty good. Yet I (blessed, not lucky) did exactly that. I slept in and got rolling a little after 11am. I drove for seven hours and never encountered more than road spray on my windshield. The wind down here is pretty insane right now, but it's not raining.

I went around St. Louis and down I-55, then cut down onto US-67 to get to this point in my trip. The routing programs suggested I go across Missouri and down I-35 all the way to Laredo, but nah. I hate going across on I-44, I hate going through Dallas, and I hate going through Austin. San Antonio is no fun for me either. I tallied it up and this route might be a few miles longer, but not much. I'm going to run through Texarkana and then down US-59 all the way to Laredo. I like that drive better than the interstates for some reason. It gets a little congested in the Houston area, but otherwise it's pretty mellow. According to one report on a St. Louis radio station, I'm probably avoiding some more bad weather by going this way too. Can't complain about that.

If you were smart enough to bet on LSU, based on my belief that Ohio State would win, I expect my cut by the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Quick question if you don't mind. The days you bank at Conway (CFI), if you have 4, and only use two, can you carry those days over? for a later time. I called the recruiters but they were not sure about this?

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to take LSU, but they are only getting 4 points. I have swithced because of you.

    Hope they (you) don't let me down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our home time adds up indefinitely. As of today, I have something like 27 or 28 days available. I'm going to head home in the next few days, so whatever I use will be subtracted from that total and the rest will remain "in the bank."

    Thanks for the feedback on the blog.

    To the gambler - I must admit that I'm a little confused. LSU was laying 4, not getting 4, and the game was yesterday. And betting on the team that I expect to win is almost always a way to lose money. Trust me, I've been doing it for years.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.