Sunday, January 6, 2008

1/6/08

Apparently conventional wisdom holds that truck drivers drive eleven hours a day. Thankfully, I never got that memo. I drive more like eight hours a day on average. This was my second eleven in a row and I'm hoping there's not a third. I just don't have the attention span for it. I hardly ever get sleepy (reference my numerous complaints about tossing and turning) but I do get tired of driving. Today was a much easier drive than yesterday. That helped a little. The terrain was flatter, the traffic was light, and the weather was cloudy and 50 degrees. Really an ideal kind of day. Eleven hours is just a long ass time to be on the road.

So... early morning wake up call tomorrow. I made it to northern Missouri tonight, but there's much work to be done in order to reach Rockford by tomorrow afternoon. Depending on what kind of deadhead I get from there, tomorrow could turn out to be the third full driving day in a row. I am trying to recall if that has ever happened to me, but nothing really comes to mind. I'm sure I've pulled three in a row once or twice, and I'm sure I didn't enjoy it. I am thinking I'll grab one more load after this one and then put in for home time.

Not much else to say tonight, I guess. I did learn something though. I'm always happy to share learning experiences. There is a radio show dedicated to scuba diving. In actuality I think there's a syndicated network, but I only heard one show. Anyhow, I have no interest in scuba diving. I do, however, have an interest in mermaids. Well wouldn't you know it - the special guest was a mermaid. Having a party in Florida any time soon? Maybe give Mermaid Nikki a call. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.