Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/30/08

What I needed today, following yesterday's headache, was a nice non-eventful ride down to Lancaster. That's what I got, so the motorists of Texas don't need to fear any impending road rage from me... at least for now.

The weather was nice, the traffic was light, and the drive was right in that 7-8 hour range that I like. Knowing I was stopping at a terminal, I had no need to arrive early so I stopped and took a couple of breaks along the way. It was just what the doctor ordered.

I was taking a nap in Texarkana this afternoon when my satellite system beeped and woke me up. Damn recruiting contest results. I honestly don't give a shit about who wins a new pickup, but I swear they only send those messages when I'm trying to sleep. I am curious though about the number of people who stick around for a couple of years after these guys recruit them. I tend to think it's not a very high percentage. I'm not going to bash people for trying to make a few extra bucks. That's the American way, so if the company is going to pay the bonus they might as well go for it. I just know that some of the scenarios painted for people by some of these "driver recruiters" are pretty rosy. From some of the stuff I read on certain drivers' personal websites, I would call 'bullshit' in a hurry. But I guess somebody must be sticking around or the company wouldn't shell out the big bonuses.

Tomorrow... Laredo. Friday... the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.