Wednesday, September 26, 2007

9/26/07

I headed up to the yard this morning once I got to #2 on the board. I loaded up my weights and bench, then kicked back and started a movie. It wasn't long before I got a load assignment, but it seems to be a pretty typical deal leaving here lately. Pick up at 9pm and run overnight. After my movie, I went back home to try and get some rest. In theory they let me know about my schedule early enough to let me take a nice nap. In reality I can't sleep on command. So, I guess I'll be feeling pretty tired once I get done with my 500 mile shift. Whatever dude, I need to get some bucks on the paycheck before this month runs out. 500 miles for my first shift is A-OK.

I'm picking up at the logistics place on Ecorse Road in Belleville. I've been there a few times and they're usually more than happy to get started early if they have an open dock. That being the case, I'll top off the tanks here in just a minute and head over there. I am set to relay the load at our yard in Pocahontas, Illinois tomorrow morning. The challenge, aside from the driving, is going to be reminding myself to work out after my break starts. The old trousers are getting a little snug for my liking and, since the ladies aren't exactly banging down my door these days, I gotta do what I gotta do. This getting old shit is for the birds. In my head I'm more like 21 but the dude in the mirror passed 30 last year and didn't look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.