Monday, September 24, 2007

9/24/07

Ahhhhh... sleeping in with no deadlines. I woke up late today, but there was no reason for anyone to give a shit. About all I had to do was get my plates renewed. Done. An hour waiting in line, but done.

The next thing on the agenda was to touch base with an old friend of mine, Ty Stone. I saw that Ty was going to be doing a concert on the 22nd, pretty close to home. I was going to be at Notre Dame on the 22nd, so I let him know I would be around town this week. Ty said he thought he would be around, so I planned on catching him for a beer this afternoon. Alas, today we weren't on the same timeline. Bummer.

Then I stopped by another friend's house to give him a hat and program that I picked up on campus this weekend. He's not able to leave town on account of his elderly parents, so he showed me a couple of things he wanted to get from Notre Dame. I was happy to help out. When I stopped by today, he wasn't home. Bummer.

I then headed to my brother's house to meet up before tonight's baseball game. We parked by the condos in the 'hood and walked over to the game, which the Tigers proceeded to lose. Bummer.

Then, after a few pops at a local watering hole, it was about time to get some grub. In Lincoln Park, there's only one place to feed a good buzz late at night - Dix Coney Island. When I was a kid, I made the mistake of referring to the (Macedonian) owner's son as a Greek. A little slugging match ensued but no major harm was done. Anyhow, these guys are always good for a tasty meal at 2am. As I came out of the pisser and made my way to the cashier, I ran into my little brother's ex-girlfriend. Ay! Caramba, was she ever looking good. Apparently, based on our brief conversation, she was more of a fan of mine than I might have thought. Oh, to be ten years younger, Madon!

Then back home, more brewskis to round out the night and now I'm in preparation mode. Time off will have to transition into time at work. I'll most likely head out of town tomorrow. From there, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.