Tuesday, July 24, 2007

7/24/07

Mountains, construction, and rain, oh my! Long day on I-80 folks. I don't know what is worse though... that drive or the fact that this Tigers bullpen is giving me heartburn. The kid from AAA gives up two runs, then the pen blows another lead. After a loss in the first game of the doubleheader, it looked like the Tigers were cruising to a split. Since Cleveland lost earlier, the day would have been an acceptable one. Now?

Anyhow, I'll have an hour or so to go in the morning, so not too bad I guess. I was pretty much zoning my way through PA this afternoon when my brother called to see what was new. He mentioned that my mother found a new car, since the insurance was paying off her old one after the accident. Accident? I really must be losing touch. I never even knew she had an accident. I think life out here makes you lose track of time after a while. It occurred to me that I can't remember the last time I called to see how my parents are doing. I saw them while I was home, but out here one day just runs into the next. Mom called a little while later. She's feeling a little sore, but otherwise everything's fine.

Another job offer today, another "no thanks" from me. These people must have some kind of learning disability. I don't want another OTR job. I have a good one. I'm not even sure I want a day cab job, but at least there might be a conversation there. Anyhow, time to hit the sack. Early day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.