Saturday, September 8, 2012

Text Message of the Year


I went to the football game with a buddy of mine today.  He had a little too much to drink before the game and wound up leaving during the first quarter.  Since he never came back, I assumed he had gone out to his car to take a nap or something.  It turns out he was sitting on a bench outside the stadium. Depending on whom you choose to believe, he was either just minding his business or he was falling asleep.  Either way the cops apparently didn't like it.

Since I pretty much can't stand cops in general, I do have to say this much.  It was quite decent of those guys to call me and let me take care of the situation.  (I also had a voicemail from them, saying essentially the same thing as this text message.)  They didn't even give my buddy a ticket for public intoxication.  I just had to sign a paper saying that I was taking responsibility for him and then we had to leave the campus.  A lot of other cops would have simply thrown him in the drunk tank and made somebody bail him out later.

So we caught the end of the game on the radio as we rolled out of town.  Fortunately one of us was sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.