Thursday, July 5, 2012

"A decent respect to the opinions of mankind..."

That's my favorite part.  Probably because it's just so polite and proper.  I suspect that the fellas drafting that document couldn't have given a flying fuck about the opinions of mankind.  But, before they raised arms and invited all kinds of death and destruction, they decided to draft one last 'proper' declaration.

Then, when King George's Huns came over for a fight, at least we could note that we had tried to do it peacefully.  Then we could kill a bunch of those limey bastards with no regrets.  And then, 236 years later, pathetic fucks like me could sit at our computers and pretend that we had any claim to the achievement.

Winners all 'round, I say.  But really I just like that line about a decent respect to the opinions of mankind.

Fuck the opinions of mankind.  That's my take. But, like the Founders, I can appreciate the occasional need to pretend that you have respect for the people that you hate.  I don't understand why we have that need.  I don't understand what human characteristic created that need.  But I get it.

I hate (or at least despise) probably 90% of the people that I meet.  People are ignorant, selfish, and inconsiderate for the most part.  Yet, if I ever decided to make a blanket statement telling the general population to go fuck itself, I would need to start with something like the quote from this post's title.

"A decent respect..."

Then, hopefully before too long...

"Bombs bursting in air..."

That part is more my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.