Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday night...

I watch football and drink beer on Saturdays. That's it. There are no exceptions. I don't work. I don't go around and hobnob with various people. I sit in my recliner and I watch football... while drinking beer.

There were a few opportunities to stand up and shout during tonight's "home game" in DC against a hapless Maryland team, but everyone kinda knew how that game was destined to go. I was excited for the handful of good plays, to be sure. Blowouts are really more about relaxing and enjoying the moment though. They're not 'jump out of your seat' kinds of events.

After the game, as I tend to do, I started browsing the net to see what had happened during the previous several hours. Not a whole lot seemed notable... until I stumbled across the following video clip. The topic being discussed was rather mundane, but watching ole Mr. Speaker lay the smack down on this CBS douchebag was rather entertaining.

He (the moderator) went into the exchange with a smarmy little grin. They didn't show his face afterward, but I can picture the result.  Newt kicked his ass.  There's no other way to put it.  I didn't jump out of my seat, on account of all the beer and football and my injured back and whatnot, but I thought about it.  That was a first on this particular Saturday night.



"That is explicitly false," indeed. The right wing criticism of Obama after he chose to whack an American citizen without trial wasn't so much directed at Obama. It was directed at his moronic disciples who thought Bush was Hitler but Obama is God, even as Obama repeatedly did exactly what Bush would have done. Guantanamo - open for business. Rendition - going strong. Civilian trials - ain't gonna happen. Drone strikes - at an all-time high.

The criticism was never based on Mr. Pelley's childish assertion that an enemy combatant is essentially the same as a shoplifter. That notion is reserved for the special-ed segment of the political left and it deserves a thorough beatdown. Newt delivered that beatdown tonight, apparently.

I still think the Newtster is an obnoxious dickhead who serves only himself but, at least on this particular Saturday night, he laid the wood to a moron. This made me cheer out loud, even if I couldn't convince myself to endure the pain and leap out of my seat. Baby steps, as they say. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.