Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Return of the Swede

No, I don't have any information about Niklas Lidstrom coming back to play hockey next year.  I'm referring to my Swedish buddy Sjoe.  Since I've stopped spending all of my time in possession of someone else's very expensive truck, that silly Swede doesn't seem to show up very often.  Apparently, now that I'm free to get into my own trouble without any legal or vocational concerns, he sees no need to visit.  Funny how that works.

He showed up today though.  Apparently the Swede took a ride out to Lansing this evening.  He stopped by to show me his latest haul.

Looks like someone plans to remind those limeys about the 'bombs bursting in air' part of the story. (No, I haven't taken the time to figure out why a Swede would feel the need to do so. Just go with it...) Less than five weeks, mofos.

4 comments:

  1. Probably because Alfred Nobel (1833-1896) was born in Stockholm, Sweden.
    May Saint Barbara be with you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think ole Sjoe is merely paying tribute to the explosives themselves? Interesting theory.

    I'll take all the saintly help I can get, but Jude the Apostle might be more fitting for me. I'm no artillery man. A lost cause on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit!! Did you have that much last year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think last year's shoot was pretty comparable. The mix is a little different this year, so it's hard to say precisely. More of the really big boomers this year, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.