Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Visual Proof

As I wander through the months and years, it seems that everything is overrated and everyone is full of shit, at least 99% of the time.  So sometimes it's tempting to think that I've been a grumpy and cynical dude since birth.  This is not true though.  There was a time when I didn't know any better.  Honestly.

I made a trip down to my old apartment in Taylor this evening.  I have to get everything out of there by the end of the month and the days seem to fly by lately, so I'm trying not to let the 31st sneak up on me too quickly.  I bring back a few things and throw away a bunch of things whenever I have the time and motivation to drive down there.

Buried deep in my bedroom closet, beneath my baseball gear, I found a stack of papers and pictures and other such things that I didn't even know existed.  The archivists at Fenian Godfather Inc. will have to take some time and review the discovery, but I have one picture that can get things started tonight.  Visual proof that I wasn't always a grumpy SOB.  Just look at that smile...

5 comments:

  1. Very cute- glad you grew some teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Smiley,
    I got into a traffic jam on I-96E due to rollover. Looked over and saw a Quickway truck in the right lane signaling and thought WWJD (What Would Joe Do). So I let him ahead of me and we got through it quickly. He headed north on US-23 with a wave.
    Its Beer O'clock and some pizza time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost half a tooth not too long ago. The reversal process has begun...

    If you had said 96 westbound, we may have had a small world moment there. I lost the right lane myself today over on the east side of Brighton. Some little silver car had decided to try driving upside-down. It didn't work out very well, apparently.

    The first two chuckleheads sped up and got next to me once I put my blinker on. Fortunately a benevolent driver in a red pickup truck made some room so I could get past the snafu.

    Then I went up 23 and delivered a bunch of milk in the Flint area. Good times. Good times.

    Some scheduling details remain to be resolved tomorrow (Saturday), but don't be too surprised if I give you a call in the afternoon to see what's what. Haven't had a beer in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My last comment was made after 3 or 4 brews. It was westbound about 12:30 I was in a yellow Penske truck. The upside down car/suv was a Buick near the Pleasant Valley exit. The trailer of the Quickway truck I let over in the hammer lane was **332. Was that you Joe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To quote the internationally acclaimed poet Shaggy - ""It wasn't me."

    Same traffic jam though. I was pulling #83508 on my first load yesterday. Probably got to Pleasant Valley at 1pm or so. The wrecker was winching the unfortunate bastard's silver vehicle off of the grassy knoll as I got through. The right lane was the only one blocked at the time, so I never had to go all the way to the left.

    I'd have appreciated the kindness though. For realsies.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.