Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Washington, D.C.

$78 million.  Five years.  For an over the hill quarterback who really never was all that good.  Dear sweet Lord.  Apparently Mr. Snyder thinks he's like everyone else in D.C., where millions are merely rounding errors and only by spending trillions can you get noticed.

In related news, I went out with some friends and watched the game tonight.  I said before kickoff that it was time to watch my 'Skins humiliate themselves in front of a national audience.  When I said 'humiliate,' I was thinking that they would lose by a couple of touchdowns.  Little did I know that they would set several records for abject suckitude.  But hey, if you're gonna suck, you might as well suck more than anybody ever has.  Good job guys.

$78 million.  Dear sweet Lord.

2 comments:

  1. At least the 'Skins are only humiliated once in a while.
    The Lions on the other hand have been voted Most Likely NFL team to be humiliated year after year.
    At least the long suffering Chicago Cubs win once in a while and make it to post-season.
    Think about it Joe... 1957 Briggs Stadium (later Tiger Stadium)59-14 over the Cleveland Browns.
    I wasn't even around then... probably your parents weren't either.
    The beer is coming along great. I have two stouts in the fermenters and a Black IPA I want to taste badly. Maybe if the Lions pull a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a difference. The Lions are supposed to suck every year. The Redskins were once the proudest franchise in the NFL.

    This local guy in D.C. sums the whole thing up in twelve minutes.

    We'll have to meet up in Webberville one of these weekends if I can catch an early dispatch. A few beers would hit the spot. (Speaking of the place in Webberville - decent article on Kid Rock and his brewing exploits in Maxim this month, in case you feel like taking a look.)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.