Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8/10

Did you know that you can lose half a tooth?  I always thought it was more of an all-or-nothing proposal, but apparently not.  Half of one of my bicuspids is gone.  Just broke right off while I was eating a boneless chicken wing.  I'm not really sure how that sort of thing happens, but my guess is that the tooth had been cracked at some point in time and gradually decayed from within.  This would explain the toothache situation from a while ago.  Oddly enough, it doesn't hurt now.  Not even a little.  I would have thought that having a tooth split right in half would involve at least some pain.  My flossing and antiseptic treatments managed to chase off the toothache and keep it away, but it looks like the damage had already been done.  Oh well, one more thing on the list.  I haven't been to a dentist in several years, so I'm guessing this won't be a one-shot sort of affair.  There are probably other issues to address.  Between my teeth and my back, I may need to start dedicating my Mondays and Thursdays to office visits for a while.  Still no insurance card though, so we'll cross that bridge next week... or whatever.

Lazy day today - busy day tomorrow.  And such is the weekly cycle of the milkman.  I'll have one trip to the Bay City area and another to Toledo.  A few hundred dollars added to the dental surgery and spinal pain relief fund, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.