Thursday, August 26, 2010

8/26/10

It occurred to me today that my perspective has likely been skewed by the fact that my reintroduction into society happened to fall during the summer months.  After my workout this morning, I headed to Wal Mart and bought some groceries for an afternoon cookout.  I don't have statistics to back it up but I would have to guess that well over half my days off have followed a similar pattern.  Days off are probably not necessarily supposed to involve cookouts and beer, but don't tell me so.  I might be disappointed or something.

Today's 5am food prep involved marinated chicken skewers with baby red-skinned potatoes, roma tomatoes, and green peppers.  I also snagged some flavored rice and stuffing to go along with the main course, as well as some focaccia bread and the necessary toppings for a nice bruschetta.  Good deal.  My friends may prove to be a disappointment but my appetite will never fail me.

Once all was said and done tonight, I was certainly not disappointed.  It has been a long time since I made food for a living but it's a lasting skill, to say the least.  As tends to be the case, I hung around my parents' house and did the cooking.  A few friends stopped by to partake, as did my brother and his wife.  Good times, good times.

I got my normal call from the dispatcher at work this afternoon, giving me the rundown for tomorrow.  You know how it goes.  My pull time is this.  I'm going to this store and that store.  In a fun twist though, tomorrow brings another run to Tennessee.  Milk cases aren't the only topic of interest in Murfreesboro these days, but I'll be perfectly content to make the drive and earn a few bucks.  The rest of you hatemongers can argue about the implications.  I am set to leave the dairy at 5am.  Hey, that means it's bedtime.  Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.