Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/10

Such a promising start to the day... such a disappointing finish.  I guess you can't win 'em all.

A friend of mine drove down from the Cleveland area and joined me for a fancy Burger King breakast this morning.  That was pretty cool.  Then she took off for work and I got on the road before the rain moved in.  Beauty.

I'm not generally the 'up for breakfast' type, so it was time for a nap after a few hours on the road.  I had all the time in the world, so I ducked off at a rest area in Pennsylvania and was out within a few minutes.  Beauty.

After a good refreshing nap, I headed back out and finished off the trip to Gouldsboro.  The procedural steps at the consignee caused my drop/hook to take a little while, but overall it was easy enough.  When I went into the office to drop off the paperwork, I had a suspicion that my day was about to come to a screeching halt, so I emptied my pockets into the consignee's vending machine and grabbed a few snacks.  Then I had to cruise around to the back of the lot and grab my empty trailer.  The trailer was where it was supposed to be, mechanically sound, and clean inside.  Good deal.

I was #1 on the board and I had four hours available, so there was a possibility that more work would come along.  Nope.  No work came along.  I drove down the street and tried to find somewhere to park at the local truck stop.  Nope.  Nowhere to park.  Back over to the industrial area then.  Good thing I grabbed those snacks, eh?  I found a spot at a vacant warehouse with nobody around, so I was able to drag out the weights without being in anyone's way.  Good times.  And then I waited for work.  And waited.  And waited.  My 14 hour clock runs out in about 45 minutes so I guess that's that for tonight.

Tomorrow is still part of the current pay week, so all is not necessarily lost.  I may make a few bucks yet.  This is just a shitty place for a Friday night to come to an end.  Boo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.