Saturday, March 6, 2010

3/6/10

After spending most of the day trying to sleep off a hangover, there's only one logical thing to do in the evening. So there was never a question that some beer would be consumed. The only question was where to go. Fortunately, I was able to cross paths with our friend Brent. Brent knows as much about beer as I know about battling hangovers. That is to say he's very learned on the subject. I'm sure I do more beer drinking than is healthy for me, but I've never been very informed about the ins and outs of various styles. I just know that beer tastes good and large quantities can make women look more attractive. I also know that even larger quantities can make me look more attractive, and that's scary. At any point when I look in the mirror and think I've got it goin' on, it's time for me to go home and get some sleep. But I digress...

My buddy Brian and I drove out to the Michigan Brewing Company in Webberville, where a discerning drinker can find a good variety of beers and a guy like me can find an adequate quantity of beers. Everybody wins. We all enjoyed some conversation and I only slightly annoyed the waitresses. Beauty.

After the pub closed and we made the drive back to Taylor, one thing and one thing only was on my mind. I needed to get some food in my belly before I went to bed. Better to take proactive anti-hangover measures than to wait for morning, you see. Satisfied with my omelet and hash browns, it's time to hit the sack and see how bad tomorrow morning's headache is going to be.

2 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.