Thursday, March 4, 2010

3/4/10

I allowed a friend of mine to write down the quantities of various ingredients as I threw them into a batch of lasagna tonight. Ostensibly this would mean that she can make the stuff next time and save me the trouble. However, I suspect that she plans to take this proprietary information and become the world's foremost lasagna maker. I have no proof yet, so I'll be keeping an eye on the situation. I'll let you know if any lawsuits become necessary.

Wrapping up the day with a good dinner is far better than starting out the day visiting people in the hospital. One friend of mine had to take both his elderly parents (97 and 100 years old) to the hospital this week, each for separate reasons. I was passing through Wyandotte on some other business of my own so I stopped and visited for a little while. Obviously the old man is no legislative expert, and some of his views of our first black president are influenced by the era in which he grew up, but his take on ObamaCare still was pretty funny. "If that fucker had his way, he'd just give me the needle and bury me. He has no use for old people. We cost too much." Yeah, bit of an overstatement, but hell, if you live to be 97 you can say whatever you want as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think I had been to that hospital since my first run-in with kidney stones several years ago. It looks a little nicer now, but it's still a hospital. A half hour was about all I could handle. Now it looks like most of my social obligations have been met. I have to spend a little time tomorrow helping people with some internet-based work, then have dinner with my parents and siblings, but that won't be too bad. A weekend of misbehavior sounds like just the thing to get me ready to go back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lasagna recipe. Should I hire my attorney now for the lawsuit?!?!

    Thanks for Jonathan's b-day gifts. He loves his Uncle Joe! I could barely get him through the rest of the night...he was so tired. You wore him out!

    I'll save you the trouble next time you are in town. Let me know and I'll make you dinner!

    Thanks Again! A ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get rich by producing the good stuff, then you had better hire ole Fieger. I've got some financial obligations of my own, after all.

    I've said numerous times and I'll always maintain that kids are better because they haven't learned to be full of shit yet. Enjoy it while it lasts. Once we've figured out how to be cynical, lying bastards, people pretty much suck.

    Hey! Bitch! Get in the kitchen and make me some dinner! Yeah, that has a pretty sweet ring to it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.