Saturday, March 13, 2010

3/13/10

About the only thing better than waking at 10am would have to be waking at 11am.  Now, I know what you're thinking - A couple of adventurous sorority sisters acting on a dare would be better than waking at 10am - but come on now, in my world, a morning of quiet rest is about as good as it gets.  Somehow nobody parked next to me with an idling truck or a reefer this morning and I was able to sleep for a solid six or seven hours.  Beauty.

I rolled out of Kenly around 11:30am and had a nice easy day of driving.  Since I started so late and took a lunch break in the middle of the drive, I decided to stop at the Pilot in Brunswick, Georgia to kick back for the night.  My Italian BMT with double meat was delicious, as always, so everything appears to be right with the world.

The week wraps up with a healthy 2,882 miles plus some northeast pay.  Not bad at all.  Tomorrow looks like another ~400 mile kinda deal.  We'll have to see how the parking situation plays out in terms of where I'll end up waiting for Monday afternoon to come along.  I got a tip from a fella down there (whose voice sounds curiously similar to that of comedian Jim Florentine), suggesting that a local farmer's market in Pompano Beach has truck parking, so I might be able to stop there and commiserate for a while.  The catch would be that, if they won't let me hang around until Monday, I would have to try to nab a spot at the little service plaza on the turnpike or the truck stop in Hialeah Gardens.  I haven't had any luck at either place on past visits to the area.  I suppose I'll try to find a phone number for the market and give them a call on the way down.

In any case, the nice easy weekend will hopefully continue.  Now I probably have to watch another movie or something.  I thought about checking out the news, but Congressman Kennedy seems to think that it would be a waste of my time.  Damned press, always messing up...


4 comments:

  1. What a coincidence. Just this morning, I woke up late after dreaming about not sorority sisters on a dare, but having long passionate sex with Miss Piggy.

    So to answer you weekly poll, I would have to say based long tested Freudian based theories, that one pig + one pig = one little cute piglet.

    Mr. Makers Mark and I really need to part company earlier in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonsense. All drinking should be pursued with the intent to see the sun coming up over the horizon. It is written... or something.

    Not a bad call on the Maker's Mark, although I've had a longstanding tendency to go for Jim Beam whenever bourbon is in order. Jameson otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guarentee the farmers market is cool until Monday AM. Hell, might even offer up the air mattress in the spare bedroom. If you left it there for a few days, you'd get a sticker on your window. A sunday2monday overnite won't even be noticed...

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.