Saturday, October 24, 2009

10/24/09

Greetings and salutations from the Corleone family's Gulf Coast estate. About the only thing on the agenda for today was to cover at least 200 miles, leaving a reasonable day of driving for tomorrow and then a short one Monday to finish out the trip to Austin. The 200 mile mark came on the west side of Mobile, Alabama. I stopped in Theodore to top off my fuel tanks and then started watching the billboards. Not too far into Mississippi, I found what I was seeking. Super 8, Exit 50, Truck Parking. Beauty.

A quick peek at the web portal shows that this week will wrap up with a solid 2,842 miles. Or, in terms more familiar to some of us, I fell a few cheeseburgers short of $1,100 for the week. Not bad.

I haven't forgotten last year's experience, so even more than usual I'm looking forward to Our Lady's lads opening up a whole case of whoopass on Boston College today. No more 4th quarter comebacks. No more clever personnel groupings. Just eleven guys knocking the shit out of the people in front of them. A fake coach's pep talk didn't get it done last week, so we're going with a real one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.