Saturday, October 17, 2009

10/17/09


A glorious fall Saturday in Northern Indiana. Three hours of driving this morning got me to the Corleone family's Howe estate. This closes the books on another pay week with 2,420 miles plus a little over $80 in northeast pay. Any time I can squeak over $1,000 I can't complain.

Now it's time to gear up for my lads to shock the nation. Those of you who have come to know my Swedish buddy Sjoe might be able to guess where he'll be this afternoon. Could any place in the world compare? I doubt it.

The boys will need to play some inspired football today. They'll be outmanned in the trenches. They'll be outmanned in the running game. They'll be outmanned on special teams. But it's a game of inches, as our man Tony D'Amato would say...

3 comments:

  1. There is apparently a TON of fight in those gold helmets. As I watched ND claw their way back and almost win, I realized that you could sandblast that team for 45 minutes and what was left still wouldn't have given up and you'd better not turn your back on it. Normally, I would use this week's idiotic post-game drivel(I know you live to read my asinine comments) as an opportunity for a "Roll Tide" jab, but not today.

    Respect.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.