Friday, October 16, 2009

10/16/09

Today's lesson is as follows: Whining like a little baby, while not always recommended, might occasionally pay off in the end. I got a call from a dear, dear, dear, dear, dear, dear (was that sincere enough?) friend of mine in Ohio this morning. If I could make it to the western suburbs tonight, she would make me some dinner while I lie on her couch and act pathetic. Sweet. I don't even feel all that sick anymore, but I'll milk it for what it's worth. I was thinking about asking her to wear a French maid outfit while she cooks, you know, for the full effect, but I haven't been slapped by a woman in several years. Probably best to save the inappropriate comments for a time when I'm strong enough to defend myself.

Other than that, the rest of the day's news was pretty good as well. This morning's paycheck had $111 in detention pay from the Shawnee episode tacked onto the already solid mileage pay. Traffic out of New York and through Pennsylvania was nice and light. Even going through Cleveland, in the rain, during rush hour, things were moving quite smoothly this afternoon. About the only challenge now will be finding a room at one of the Corleone family's estates for tomorrow. Whenever Our Lady's glorious defenders of sweetness and light have a home game against those escaped mental patients from Los Angeles, the demand for lodging tends to outstrip the supply in Northern Indiana.

We'll cross that bridge tomorrow, I suppose. For now I think I'll try to get a load of laundry done before lil' Ms. Chef gets off work. Or maybe I should see if I can play on her sympathies and get her to do my laundry while I lie around and act pathetic... Yeah, probably not.

2 comments:

  1. French maid outfit? You are such an ass. You're so lucky I didn't read this earlier.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell the truth. You laughed at least a little, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.