Wednesday, August 5, 2009

8/5/09

Anyone out there tired? I didn't think I was. Turns out I was wrong. As of 2pm today, I'm officially too tired to drive. Not much else to say really. It was a pretty easy and uneventful trip across Missouri and into Illinois. My hours held out until I got to Vandalia, so I should have around 300 miles to go from here. 2am wake-up call, anyone? That should be pretty awesome for keeping tired drivers off the street. On the bright side, I'll probably get through Indy before the morning traffic gets too heavy. You know me - always Mr. Sunshine... or something.

The economic depression in Michigan finally hit home today. I found that Notre Dame has some tickets available for the opening game on September 5th against Nevada. It seems that the Wolfpack don't travel particularly well, so they returned some tickets. Face value seats, in the endzone but you know, not too bad. I know exactly four Notre Dame fans in Michigan, other than myself. Two unemployed friends of mine have no money and can't swing a trip to South Bend. One unemployed brother of mine has no money and can't swing a trip to South Bend. And that other brother of mine... married. The wife didn't necessarily put the clamps on him per se, but he's using up all of his leave time to take her on another trip when they just had a honeymoon six weeks ago. So he can't take the Saturday off work to attend the game. Priorities? Questionable indeed.

There is hope on the horizon though. I really didn't think there would ever be a way to pay off the national debt. Thankfully, someone has a pretty clever idea...


U.S. Government Stages Fake Coup To Wipe Out National Debt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.