Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8/4/09

I heard this on the radio this morning and I can't figure out why it makes me laugh so hard...



I think that I need to go to the FMCSA's office and shout, "Boo! 70 hour rule. Boo!" If some drunk dude on his porch can cancel a press conference, maybe I can get the law changed. Eh, probably not.

I was thinking that I would try to knock out at least half of my seventeen available hours today, leaving an equal amount of driving for tomorrow, so I hit the road this morning with that kind of timeline in mind. As tends to be the case, I had no idea where eight and a half hours of driving would leave me. It turned out that I was between Oklahoma City and Tulsa at that point, with the (disgraceful) ballgame getting started, so I just stayed on the road and got up to Vinita instead.

From here it looks like I'll have a little over 700 miles left on this trip. My remaining hours will only get me to somewhere in Illinois tomorrow afternoon before I'll have to shut down. Then it looks like I'll have to get rolling at 1am or 2am on Thursday to make my delivery on time. BOO! 70 HOUR RULE! BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.