Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/20/09

This sticker is on the fuel pumps at our terminal in West Memphis, Arkansas. If you southerners can't tell your own states apart, then don't hold it against us yanks if we harbor a few generalized stereotypes about you. It's only fair.

Pretty ho-hum day going from West Memphis to Lancaster after being awakened by a hurricane this morning. Don't bother telling me that hurricanes don't go through Memphis. I know a hurricane when I see one... or something. I managed to work my 'afternoon nap as a method to avoid traffic' strategy to perfection along the way, stopping in Prescott for a few hours. The Tigers were even kind enough to experience a rain delay so that I was awake by the time they finally won their game. Beauty.

That nice long nap essentially precluded any notion that I might try to drive a lot further tonight. I think I covered more than half the remaining miles though, so that'll do. Satan's Driveway tomorrow... fun times, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.