Thursday, May 7, 2009

5/7/09

I saw the sun today. That's pretty sweet. Otherwise, I don't know, it just seemed like a long drag of a day. We know how much it sucks to pull a 47,000 pound payload through the hills and mountains. We know how much it sucks to drive for eleven hours. When you put them together, you get my Thursday on the job.

I made it past Knoxville to Niota, Tennessee today. That's some pretty solid mileage for a day's work and leaves me around four hours to my consignee in Bessemer, Alabama. The original plan summary said that the delivery was on Saturday morning at 9am. When my dispatch came through last night, it said that I am due to arrive by Friday at 2pm. Good deal. I just might be able to grab one more assignment this week after all.

Since the Wings got hosed in that last game, I kinda want to watch and see how they respond tonight. Alas, the last two days have me feeling pretty worn out. No guarantees that I'll be able to stay awake. Oh cool, the Tigers are losing 5-0 in the first inning. That one should be fun.

4 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you about the Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's coolie carrier truck driving for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your wings won my Canucks loss both series are tied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our fine Canadian friend has rescued this comment section. I have no desire to talk about the Tigers and I have no idea what that second comment means.

    The Wings, however, could be the only bright spot for my entire state this year with the way things are going. If the Canucks can hold off Chicago, I'll gladly wager a pint of your favorite ale on that next series.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.