Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/9/08

Bedtime last night in Connecticut - 12 degrees. Wake up time this morning in Connecticut - 16 degrees. A few minor snow flurries along the way through New York. Coulda been a really long day for the ole Godfather. In an unexpected twist though, things got warmer and warmer as I rolled west. Then the sun went down and it just kept getting warmer. By the time I stopped for the night it was 50 degrees outside. My truck obviously has a heater, so the temperature in and of itself isn't a huge deal. Since half of Penssylvania and all of Ohio were getting a steady rain today though, warmer is definitely better. I had no time for all that snowfall nonsense that I hit the last time I crossed Ohio.

I was able to make pretty good time all day today, getting past Toledo and into Michigan before my eleven driving hours were exhausted. The Pilot in Blissfield had lots of open parking. That's always nice. I have just enough time to take my ten hour break here and then finish out the run ahead of my 9am delivery appointment. About all I have to decide is whether to shoot across US-223 to US-127 and up or to stay on US-23 up to I-94. That stretch of I-94 in Ann Arbor was always a clusterfuck when I worked out there, but I haven't been around here much lately. I would like to think that the bridge construction might be finished by now. I don't know. I'll probably just steer clear of Ann Arbor and come in from 127 anyway.

Anybody think I should take this chick up on her offer and move to New York? $400 a month, hey. I'm not home much anyway. The bathroom can't be that bad. I do love Manhattan.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wondered what it would be like to be on the road now versus back in the early nineties, you know with internet, and cell phones, and the like. But after seeing all this stuff that "finds" you(midget transvestite Sarah Palin), I'll take my chances here at home. Oh, and speaking of weather, search 92253, not too bad here in the LQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but once Arnie puts your town on Ebay to solve the state's budget crisis, the road will be waiting for you.

    (La Pequena Sarah Palin will be etched in everyone's collective brain for all eternity.)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.