Thursday, December 11, 2008

12/11/08

One thing is for certain. If I ever decide to start taking drugs, I'm not starting with the soft stuff. I'm going right for whatever they're taking at Yankee Stadium these days. A.J. Burnett? For $17 million a year? C.C. Sabathia? For seven years? For $40 million more than anybody else was offering? Are you kidding me? I remember the Paul Kariya deal years ago signaling the beginning of the end of the old way of doing business in the NHL. Now I really think that these $20 million per year contracts becoming commonplace will send baseball down the same road. Bummer.

I got rolling out of Indiana after a decent night's sleep, into the home of the good old double nickel. Across to Effingham and then down to Missouri, that's a pretty long low-speed drive. The rest of the trip was pretty decent I guess. It did take me a full eleven hours of driving to make it to Gurdon, Arkansas today. There really aren't any cities along the route, other than the Little Rock bypass, so I was able to keep my foot to the floor and enjoy the ride for the most part. I also got parked in time to catch some overtime football, so that's pretty cool. I don't imagine my Skins have much of a chance to make the playoffs, but now there's one less team in the way. Thanks for playing, Saints.

I have to cover about seventy miles in the morning to make my delivery in Nash, Texas. Then I should be able to catch something decent for the weekend and make this a much better week than last week was. It has already been a better week, but you know, let's go for much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.