Thursday, March 20, 2008

3/20/08

Ahhhh... that's what I'm talking about. Nice easy morning on the two-lanes with plenty of time to stop at WalMart and exploit some workers, nice friendly shippers who worked promptly, a scale at the shipper so I didn't have to stop and weigh, nice light afternoon traffic on the interstates, beautiful weather all day and more in the forecast for tomorrow. Welcome to Spring.

These are the kinds of days to which you look forward out here. Everything went exactly as planned and I was able to kick back with the cruise control and the radio on as I learned what a "typical white person" is like. That guy seriously needs to go back to saying "change" forty times an hour, and quickly, if he really wants to be President. I really do try not to get political on here, but for crying out loud...

I'm hauling 42,000 pounds of steel scraps this time around. It's actually pretty weird. There's no container, no pallets, nothing like that. Just a pile of little four-inch shards of steel dumped on the floor of the trailer. They ran some kind of conveyor belt in there and just let it rip.

I got down to the southwest corner of Mississippi before my 70 hours ran out. I pick up ten hours tomorrow, so I won't be able to get to Laredo from here in one shot. I'll have to finish off the run on Saturday morning and hope there aren't a lot of people ahead of me on the board. I'm at 2,643 miles for the week right now, with around forty bucks in northeast pay on top of that, so it has been a good week even if I don't get anything on Saturday. I'm feeling pretty greedy though, so you know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.