Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3/18/08

Beauty day today. Well, it was kinda dreary, but the driving part went well. Usually going down I-81 through Virginia is a royal pain in the ass. Two lanes, tons of hills, and way too much traffic. Today it wasn't so bad though. It looks like Pennsylvania is getting soaked right now, so I got out ahead of that stuff. I think the best part of the drive was the little dance a Stevens driver was doing with me for about fifteen miles. Our trucks both go 65mph, and he was heavier than me, so he would take a run every time we went downhill. But he couldn't get next to me, so he would fall back in line going uphill. I would pull ahead a little ways and he would try it again a mile or two down the road. Then, when the dude finally made it around, he had to go into the scales and I got a bypass signal on my Prepass. Haha, so long sucker.

So I got down to Statesville, North Carolina tonight. That was a full eleven hour day, and I'll have somewhere around nine hours to go tomorrow. It's always nice to find an easy pull-through parking space at the end of a long shift, so I guess things are right with the world for now. This (Homer's) is one truck stop where I actually like to spend a few bucks. They dumped Citgo when old Chavez started his shit last year, so I have to respect that at least a little bit.

Tomorrow's run shouldn't be bad as long as Atlanta doesn't slow me down too much. My appointment is for 4pm CDT. The next pickup is something like 11am the next day, so it looks like my schedule should be pretty normal for a few days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.