Monday, January 21, 2008

1/21/08

I think today was a pretty good metaphor for my life. I procrastinated since I got home last week. I still hadn't taken the hazmat test. I still hadn't cleaned my truck. I still hadn't done any laundry. I still, to be perfectly honest, hadn't done anything productive other than pursue various forms of entertainment since I got here. So today I had big plans to get some things done, beginning with the hazmat test. I got in my car, drove to the Secretary of State branch office, and found a locked door. Martin Luther King Day. I had no idea. And thus summarizes my life - never in a hurry to do the things that need to be done and completely oblivious to the world around me. Yeah, I know, a regular Alvy Singer here.

In typical fashion, I wandered around and wasted time all day after I realized that the office was closed. I probably should have just done the laundry and the cleaning today, but that didn't sound fun at all. I did stop by and grab some stuff from my truck. My belongings are still there, so I guess they haven't found a reason to fire me yet. There's always tomorrow... for at least a couple more days. I suppose I'll have to go back to work sooner or later.

1 comment:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.