Saturday, December 8, 2007

12/8/07

Well, I think today was just what the doctor ordered. No traffic, no customers, no contact with CFI, no delays, no worries. My morning nap ran a little long, so I couldn't get a full eleven hours in before my fourteen ran out, but I covered almost 600 miles. In fact, it looks like I can get to Nogales a day early if I'm feeling ambitious. I should have enough hours available, but I'm prone to distraction and a severe lack of discipline. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I imagine I'll get rolling pretty early, but it won't really be necessary to take off right after midnight if I don't want to.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about the HOS; but if you take too long of a nap, is it possible to adjust your start time to make the 14 look like you started at a later time than you did. Just curious if thats possible. How does law enforce really know what time you started driving. Or, do they know from gps tracking devices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this specific case, no I couldn't do that. CFI checks the timestamp on our fuel cards against our log books. I had already stopped for fuel before I took my nap, so the log had to account for the miles traveled up to that point. Nothing I could do there.

    In general, I'm inclined to log it like I run it. Just less hassle that way. I won't pretend I've never bent the rules here and there, but when I'm a whole day ahead of schedule it really isn't necessary.

    Of course, you could get me started on quite a rant concerning how stupid the 14 hour rule is. I slept half the morning so I was wide awake when the clock ran out, but I wasn't allowed to drive any more. Then I couldn't fall alseep... oh, nevermind.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.