Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11/14/07

I don't know if adrenaline actually has a smell, but if it did I'm pretty sure it would be equal parts sweat, cheap perfume, whiskey, and beer. The boys from Boston put on a hell of a performance for the local hooligans. The crowd was a lot more diverse than usual this time around, most likely on acount of the exposure the band got by appearing on the soundtrack for The Departed. I managed to hang in for the entire show, but my buddy (who is two years younger than I am) had to take a few breaks. There was a 400-pounder down in the pit and, when he decided we were moving right or left, we all moved right or left. Then a bunch of skinheads with anger management issues moved in about halfway through the show, definitely dialing up the aggression level. In any event, the concert was a blast and well worth the trip home. I lost a shoe as I climbed up on the stage for the finale, but I managed to get it back after the show. Beauty.

So, I have to report for duty by 7:30am tomorrow. Maybe I can net one more nice run before the pay period closes out. It would be good to ease some of the sting from this pitiful pay period, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.