Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11/13/07

The day started off pretty slowly... and it never really picked up from there. I should have done this, I should have done that, but what did I really do? Not much, actually.

I had lunch with an old friend, exchanged some gifts since I won't be around for Christmas, and then took a nap. Then I got up, watched a movie, and took another nap. Out tonight, the beers were cheap and plentiful but the women weren't on my wavelength. Bummer man. Additionally, the Pistons and Red Wings lost. Damn it. That's just the way it goes, I guess.

Here's where things got far better than expected. Did I study for the hazmat test? Of course not. Did I respond to the best job offers I've heard lately? Hell no. Did I, in point of fact, do anything that I should have done tonight? Get serious. I wound up at Screwy Louie's with a friend of mine and, after concluding that the hot bartender was a lesbian, settled in on the DirecTV screensaver. After fifteen minutes of futility our patience was rewarded. The icon hit squarely in the corner of the screen, not once but twice. For those of you who don't know, this is akin to a real photo of the Yeti. You're Goddamned right, I saw the icon hit the corner squarely twice tonight. A thousand times it might hit within a half inch of the corner, but two seperate times tonight it hit squarely on the button.

Now I'm pretty drunk and Smokey and the Bandit is on TV, so I'm perfectly content with life. Pathetic, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.