Sunday, October 14, 2007

10/14/07

So old Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. Ain't that special? It did get me thinking though... I could probably have a shot at a future award if I took up the cause of getting regular iced tea into every retail establishment south of the Mason-Dixon line. It would be quite a crusade, but I'm sick and tired of that brown-colored sugar water you people drink down here.

I had a pretty lazy day today. I woke up with a headache, then killed some time watching football. After the 'Skins gave away another game, I got my act together and headed for Nashville. I checked Google Earth and live.com before I left. It looked pretty good in terms of having room to park at the customer tonight, so I headed straight through. There was a convenient spot along the bulding when I got here, so I'll get some sleep and be ready to rock in the morning. The docks face the street, but there appears to be a whole bunch of room on either side of the street, with no curbs, so my job should be easy in the morning.

From here I'll head to Columbus. From looking at the aforementioned aerial photography providers, I'm pretty sure I'll have room to set up shop at that customer as well. I'm due there by 10am Tuesday, but I'm going to try and pull off a little switcheroo. If I can get to Columbus during business hours tomorrow, there's an outside chance they'll go ahead and unload me. Probably not, but I'm going to try. If that happens, I can head from there to Taylor and take a day off Tuesday before delivering in Brighton on Wednesday. My focus level has been sorely lacking for the last few days, so a day at home might do me some good. It seems like I've been on autopilot lately and that's not the best thing when you're barreling down the highway.

I was scanning the XM channels tonight and I came across a show that blew my mind - Gun Talk. Make no mistake about it. I'm a decent marksman myself and I think more guns, rather than fewer, would make us safer as a people. I just can't believe that people actually call in to a radio show in order to discuss their guns. What's next? A show about organic vegetable garening? Oh, too late, nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.