Monday, October 1, 2007

10/1/07

I got up and flipped on the radio while I was in the shower this morning. The traffic report said that I-75 had lane closures at Clark, backing things up for a couple of miles. So I stayed home for a couple of hours while the morning traffic cleared up, then hit the road.

No lines at all going over the bridge, nice. The drive up to the customer was a nice and easy three hour trip. The first time I delivered to this customer, I got in late at night. There was a huge empty parking lot and plenty of room to set up and park. Today, I showed up during business hours. The lot was jam-packed with cars and a little more tricky to navigate. They took around an hour to get me unloaded, but it was a nice day so I went for a walk.

As I drove back to the 401 to pull into a service plaza, I got a beep. I was hoping it would say deadhead to work, but instead I got an assignment picking up tomorrow, only 35 miles away. From there I'll go to Auburn, Alabama but today is a pretty unproductive day. Being stuck up here with no internet access and my cell phone shut off is a pretty cool change of pace though. Looks like I'll have time to watch some movies.

I was talking with another CFI driver at the service plaza and I actually learned something today. At some point during the conversation, the subject of trucks and fuel tanks came up. I mentioned that mine doesn't seem to be pulling fuel from the tank on the right. He said he has owned a few Kenworths and all three of them, at some point, had one of the tanks twist around. I observed that one of my tanks has the fuel cap straight on top and one is at an angle. Apparently they're both supposed to ba angled a little, so my right tank has rotated within the mounts somehow. Hmm, learn something every day.

These damn Canadians wouldn't take my American Express card, just as I feared, so I had to dip into the cash. I don't trust 'em. Anyhow, tomorrow's pickup is slated for noon so I should sleep pretty well at some point tonight. The weather is cool enough to leave the truck off and, at least so far, there are no loud trucks around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.