Monday, August 6, 2007

8/6/07

Headed over to the customer today, 10:30am local time for my 11:30 appointment. Then the bastards pretty much screwed my day. The instructions indicated that this was a live unload. When I got there, I was told that I would have to drop my trailer, leave the premises, and return at 3pm local time to retrieve the empty.

So I did what I was told. Went back, got the empty, headed back over to the truckstop that I stayed at last night and this afternoon. Full. Okay, I'll go over to the T/A. Wrong turn. Where the hell I ended up, I have no idea. I wound up driving 50 miles today, and went nowhere.

As I was trying to find my way back to Denver, the communications system beeped with my next run. Cool, where am I headed? Nowhere. The next load picks up, in Denver, tomorrow afternoon. Shit! If those chickenheads had just pulled the freight off of my trailer like they were supposed to, I most likely would have gotten out of here today. Now, a day wasted.

When I finally found my way back to the T/A, there was only one parking space in the whole place, at the Idle-Aire island. No idling allowed. I'm not paying $2.50 an hour or whatever it is, just to have A/C for the night, so I'm stuck with mother nature. Luckily, a storm blew through and cooled things down a bit. If it stays like this overnight, I'll be able to enjoy the peace and quiet.

I have a bunch of convoluted instructions for the load tomorrow, but they involve a CB, which I don't have. Instead of trying to figure it out I'll just head over tomorrow and do what I'm told. The fact that I have to weigh empty before heading over and make sure I'm light enough obviously tells me that this sucker is going to be heavy. I'll run down to Roswell, New Mexico tomorrow night and hopefully find a place to park at the customer, unless they're a 24-hour outfit, in which case I'll get unloaded when I get there.

I can't figure out what the hell is going on with my EV-DO connection here. I'm in a major city, so it's on the broadband network. The connection keeps bouncing between wicked fast and nonexistent. Oh well, maybe I'll watch a few movies instead of pissing off people on the message boards tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.