Sunday, August 5, 2007

8/5/07

Rolling across Nebraska today, it occurred to me that people actually live there. I wonder if anyone ever told them they could leave. That has to be the most boring state, aside from North Dakota of course. But hell, the last time I crossed North Dakota, at least there were a few hot chicks on Harleys. The biker ladies in Nebraska could, I'm almost certain, throw me a pretty good beating if I stepped out of line.

I did see a driver pull into the rest area before North Platte and hop out with his kid. They grabbed their fishing poles and headed for the woods. That was pretty neat. My hat's off to the guys who can keep a family together while they're out here. There are a lot of sacrifices to be made, that's for sure.

The last time I ran 80 to 76 and into Denver, there was a hellacious blizzard going on. I kept hearing drivers on the CB, "Better park it CFI, they're closing the gates." Every time I got to a gate, it was open, so I kept rolling. Then when I got to North Platte, the guy closed the gate right behind me. My traction was solid, my load was heavy, I had no problems, so I kept rolling. Then some people coming out of Colorado, "76 is a 30 mile sheet of ice CFI, better park it." I didn't see any ice, so I kept rolling. 76 was actually better than 80. There were three seperate big rigs blown over on their sides by the wind gusts, but I was so heavy it really didn't affect me. Today's drive into Denver was not exactly the same. Warm, sunny, and boring! C'est la vie.

Now I need to get my winning percentage in Hearts back over 40%. That North is a real son of a bitch. He stuck me with the Queen six times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.