Friday, August 3, 2007

8/3/07

Today was another weird day. After getting unloaded bright and early I sent in my empty call. I knew I would be under the control of local dispatch in Taylor, so I expected to be down the board a little ways. Much to my surprise, I immediately received an assignment. I was to drive 85 miles west, pick up a load, and bring it to Taylor? That had me scratching my head. The final destination was listed as North Carolina. I don't ask a lot of questions though. I do what I'm told and it all seems to work out in the end.

After I got out there and got loaded, I received a plan summary for my next load. Now things were starting to make sense. The load to North Carolina is only 750 miles and delivers Tuesday, so they had me leave it on the yard for someone else to grab over the weekend. I'll be leaving shortly with a 1,250 mile run to Denver for Monday. Since I had time to make the pickup and drop, while still getting a 10 hour break before this Denver load picked up, they were throwing me a few extra miles this morning. Not bad.

I got a chance to have lunch with my brother and sleep for a while in my own bed. When I leave here, I'll have enough flexibility to stop and sleep whenever I get tired. If I don't get tired, I'll just run all night. Either way I'm due in Denver Monday morning for a live unload. My directions stated that loads to this customer are drops, except the ones leaving Friday and arriving Monday. Story of life I guess.

After a really slow couple of days, things are picking up in terms of miles, just as I had suspected. Once I drop off in Denver, I'll be sitting at 2,200 miles and beginning the sixth day of the pay period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.