Thursday, June 28, 2007

6/27/07

Another late night was followed by another early morning. I was dispatched to pick up a load in Bensalem, around five miles from where I spent the night. Due to the retarded rules at the drop yard, I couldn't spend the night hooked to my trailer. I had to drop it and then park outside the yard, so this morning I got to go back and hook to it again before I left.

I was scheduled to pick up at 3pm, but I hoped to get a jump on the day so I headed over early. The load was ready when I arrived, but the paperwork was still in progress. They had me on my way at 11am. The only catch was that, according to my log book, my day couldn't start until 1pm. I pulled into a local rest stop and hung out until I was legal and then headed across Pennsylvania. My dispatch says I am to deliver in Brownsburg, Indiana by 10:45am tomorrow. I asked the dispatchers if I could deliver early and got the typical "maybe." I'll get there around 6am, so we'll see what the customer has to say.

I pulled off and tried to take a nap earlier in the day, but sleep eluded me as usual. After a fuel stop in Ohio tonight, I got to the Indiana border before I noticed that my attention span and patience were both severely lacking. That's not exactly safe, so I've pulled into the Indiana scales for a little rest. I'll get up in a few hours so I can get around Indianapolis before the morning rush hour. I haven't really taken the time to see what this will mean for my log book, but I'll deal with that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.