Friday, January 18, 2013

True Colors

This Manti Te'o story is going to reveal that Te'o is exactly what we thought he was.  He's a pure soul who believes what people tell him.  Since he believes in human goodness and the blessings of "the Heavenly Father," he's what the rest of us would call naive.  Or at least he was.  Now he's probably one step closer to being a cynical piece of shit like me and (I suspect) most of you.

Mark my words here.  If Manti is guilty of anything, it's letting his father believe that he met this "woman" in person.  How many of you have met people online?  I have.  Some of them have been reluctant, or at the very least hesistant, to admit that we met online.  I don't give a rat's ass myself.  If the technology is there and it allows you to meet people, then who gives a shit?  But I'm not a famous dude who is supposed to be full of supreme confidence and all the rest.  It's not difficult at all for me to think that the kid would prefer for his father not to know that his "girlfriend" was really an internet chick.

I have a hunch that the rest of the media narrative is about to fall apart though. And when it does, some of these hack journalists will try to backtrack from what they said this week. You already saw it though. They showed their true colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.