Friday, January 13, 2012

Perception

We would all prefer to think that we see the world as it is.  We would like to think that our own viewpoint makes sense.  We would like to think that our eyes would never lie to us.  Yeah, we'd like that, wouldn't we?

I was on my way home from work Monday night when it occurred to me that I was going to be able to watch the national championship game on television.  I hadn't given the game much thought until that point, as the matchup was entirely uninteresting to me.  But I had a quick day at work, so why not?  My brother and I headed to Brann's in Northville and watched the most boring championship game in the history of major college sports.  That fiasco was difficult to watch.  I'm not kidding.

Upon arriving at the bar, we were greeted by a young lady who informed us that either she or Sarah would be taking care of us.  Given that we're both heterosexual males, we then did what heterosexual males do - judgment.  We noted that the young lady's face wasn't exactly model material, but the money for her new boobs had been well spent.  Then Sarah arrived and had those crazy nutjob eyes that I tend to enjoy from time to time and we forgot about the first girl.

Yesterday I rolled out of bed at 2pm and felt like getting some lunch.  I had purchased a Groupon for a little bar in Livonia some time ago and I needed to use it, so that seemed like a good place to go and have a bite to eat.  Once again I took my brother along to try the place out.  After we had lunch and a pitcher of beer, we quickly realized that we had nothing better to do.  So we went to Mixx in Novi to have a couple more beers before calling it a day.

I had been to this particular bar in Novi once before and found the 'talent' to be quite outstanding.  Tight-fitting shirts, very short shorts... you get the picture.  It was shift change time when we arrived, so the young lady who poured our first round of drinks was gone shortly thereafter.  We saw two other girls arriving and getting ready at the far end of the bar.  My brother noticed quickly that one of them was the same girl who had greeted us at Brann's before the football game on Monday.  I'll be damned.

As the afternoon wore on, we noticed that Motor City Trivia was going to be played at 9pm.  We've tried our hand at the trivia game at Aubree's in Northville a few times.  What we generally find is that my little brother doesn't know much of anything and I don't know anything about television shows.  Quite a few of the questions seem to revolve around television for some reason.  Plus there is always at least one table with nine or ten hardcore trivia geeks.  So we always lose.  At a new venue though... maybe things could be different.

We decided to stick around and see what was what.  There wound up being five teams in the contest.  We won both rounds.  Kickass.

As we were drinking and chatting and otherwise relaxing, we once again turned to that time-honored pastime of heterosexual males - judgment.  Through the course of the evening, that young lady became quite a bit more attractive somehow.  Now we're all familiar with the old 'beer goggles' routine and such, and that certainly explains part of what was going on.  The uniform was another helpful factor.  It was far more revealing than her uniform at Brann's had been.  Better to show off the silicone investment and whatnot.  Best part though - her name is Anya and she's from Russia.  Yep.  That helps.  I'm not sure why but it just does.

It's all about perception.  I happen to think Russian girls are awesome, so she became more attractive to me without actually becoming more attractive.  Plus she's actually a pretty cool chick, as it turns out.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that now I understand how Alabama fans could enjoy that butt ugly football game on Monday night.  To those people the Crimson Tide are their sexy Russians, but to the rest of us the Tide looked more like this. 


And LSU looked like... I don't know man...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.