Friday, December 2, 2011

Phase One - Where to Stay?

Phase One - Complete

The home base for next year's visit to Ireland has been selected and secured.



The travel package also took care of our football tickets at the sparkling new venue, a few guided tours, and a rental car.  Nine months out, it looks like we're in pretty good shape.

Now we'll have to work on that foreign driving business.  I'm pretty sure I can adapt to being on the wrong side of the road.  I can probably even get used to sitting in the wrong side of the car.  Shifting with the wrong hand though - we'll see.

Any suggestions (driving or otherwise) are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. hi there , good blog you have got . i enjoy the read . driving on the left side of the road will be no problem ,but i would ask car hire company for an auto as most are stick shift . as road signs are not very good and some roads very narrow , i would also ask for a sat nav .enjoy your stay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately the cost of upgrading to an automatic would have exploded the price of my travel package. Perhaps we can get a more reasonable upgrade from the rental counter once we arrive.

    Thanks for the tip on the road signs as well. The tour operator offers a GPS rental for a fairly cheap daily rate. I guess I'll go ahead and add that to my order.

    It's my understanding that we won't really want to do much driving in Dublin, but we'll probably head out across the country and see the sights on a few of the days. Given that we have to drive back to Enfield every night, it would be best not to get lost and waste a bunch of time finding our way around.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.