Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let The Horse Race Begin...

Fortune favors the bold, as the man once said. Most people want to back a winner. I, quite frankly, have outgrown that mentality. So (with all due apologies to my fellow Democrats) here's my guy.



If history is any guide, then Mr. Cain will have a rather short year on the campaign trail. Senator Dole blew Senator Gramm out of the water in 1996, against my wishes. Then Governor Bush blew Steve Forbes out of the water in 2000, against my wishes. Then Senator McCain rolled over Congressman Hunter and Senator Thompson in 2008, against my wishes. I tend to back the wrong horse every time, but I can't help but prefer people who seem to believe the words coming out of their own mouths. Call me a sucker.

Those Republicans are a funny bunch of squirrels though, so let me be the first to congratulate Governor Romney on his impending nomination. Next in line among the good little soldiers, so... there you go. Bummer. (I'd gladly get behind that hefty fella from Jersey, just for the record, but I take him at his word when he says he's not running.)

On a more somber note, would any of them (other than Christie) really make significant improvements over President Obama's recently unveiled embarrassment of a budget? Probably not.

I recommend drinking a lot of alcohol. This way you'll either die quickly of some malady or find a way not to care while you're still living. Whenever I'm sober though, I'm sticking with Herm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.