Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10

I sure hope there's something in those Wikileak documents about our navy secretly using NFL players on its football team.  Otherwise I'm pretty sure we've reached a new low in Fighting Irish history.  It was bad enough to see the 43 game streak end a few years back, but Notre Dame was playing a bunch of freshmen at the time and the game was close.  Then last year was frustrating, but again at least it was a decent game.  Today a bunch of 300+ pound men got pushed around by a bunch of 240 pound men.  A bunch of guys who run the 40 yard dash in 5.2 seconds ran circles around a bunch of guys who do it in 4.4.  Absolutely humiliating.

Adding insult to injury, today was the first time all season that my schedule allowed me to see a whole game.  My youngest brother had given me a gift card to Hooters for my birthday, so a buddy and I went there for lunch today.  Believe it or not, I've never been all that impressed with Hooters (at least not with the capital 'H,' if you catch my drift, and I think you do).  I went there several years ago with a friend and found that the food sucked, the prices were high, and the women weren't any better than those at many of the local dive bars around here.  Today I found that not much has changed over the years.  A gift card is a gift card though, so there we were.  Getting back to the 'insult to injury' part... I had to work tonight so I didn't even get to knock back any beers to dull the pain.  Woe is me.

Adding injury to insult... or something... my ass hurts again.  I got a lot of bed rest on Thursday and then didn't have to do much walking at work yesterday.  So by the time I skipped last night's workout, my back had been rested better than at any point since it was injured.  Whenever I went to bed last night I had almost started to forget about the pain and such.  Almost.  Then I got out of bed this morning feeling pretty stiff.  Not too bad though... yet.  The pain started to kick in between my first and second stops tonight and kept building as time went along.  By the time I left the gym after my workout, it was hard to get into my car.  Shit.

I stopped at Meijer on the way home and grabbed a heating pad and a couple of boxes of those ThermaCare heat wrap things.  I'm grasping at straws here, but I ain't ready to quit the fight just yet.  I'm sitting on the heating pad as I type this and the pain seems to be easing a little bit.  Maybe there's hope for tomorrow then.  I'll have two loads, each with two stops, so I should be at work for around eleven hours or so.  If today's pattern gets repeated, only with double the working hours, it's gonna be ugly.  My hope is that those heat wraps, combined with some Aleve, can get me through to my day off on Monday.  That's my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.